Our speaker was Richard Loehn, retired NASA engineer. Doctor Loehn shared stories about the early days at NASA, accomplishments and challenges.
The club recognized our Peace Poster Contest winners from Elkins Pointe Middle School and Queen of Angels Catholic School. The theme this year was “The Future of Peace”.
Lindsay Perry from Queen of Angels Catholic School and Eve Heslin from Elkins Pointe Middle School. Both winners received a $100 check for winning and their posters were advanced to the District 18-L contest.
The Roswell Lions voted unanimously to support the nomination and election of Lion Jonathan Crooks as Second Vice District Governor of District 18-L.
By the Numbers:
- 310 pairs of eyeglasses and 4 hearing aides collected since the December meeting.
- 3 vision assistance referrals since our November meeting through North Fulton Community Charities and Recreation and Parks Health Fair.
- $1,200 plus raised at the January 19th GET Dress Rehearsal.
- Every Thursday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Bingo at Roswell Rehab and Nursing Home.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Roswell Green Expo, Roswell Area Park, 10495 Woodstock Road, Roswell. We will have a booth for recycling eyeglasses and hearing aides.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Wine Tasting at Vino 100, 131 S. Main Street, Alpharetta, $10 admission (we keep $5 which goes to the purchase of vision screening machine).
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 7:30 pm Dress Rehearsal at Georgia ensemble Theatre, A Comedy of Errors.
- Friday to Sunday, March 16 – 18, 2018, District 18-L Convention at Cohutta Springs Conference Center, 1175 Cohutta Springs Road, Crandall, GA 30711.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Senior Health and Wellness Expo – Vision Screening, Adult Recreation Center, 830 Grimes Bridge Road, Roswell.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018, 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m., Hope Roswell – Vision Screening, Mimosa Elementary School.
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Reverse Raffle, Silent Auction and Dinner, Adult Recreation Center, 830 Grimes Bridge Road, Roswell.
Dates to Remember:
- Next Board Meeting, Monday, February 12, 2018, 6:30 pm, Provinos – all members are welcome.
- Next Club Meeting, February 26, 2018, 7:00 pm – Adult Recreation Center, 830 Grimes Bridge Road – Vision Care , Doctor Scott Moscow, Roswell Eye Clinic.
Be sure to check our calendar on our website at Calendar
You can also access the calendar directly at Google at Roswell Lions Calendar at Google
Our calendar in ICAL format
#WeServe #District18L #Roswelllions #Roswell #NorthFulton #Cobb