Our June meeting was our induction of new Officers and Directors. PDG Garner Andrews from the Alpharetta Lions conducted the ceremony.
Several Lions have served two years as President but only Tim Dunn has served three years
Melvin Jones Fellowship:
The Roswell Lions welcomed their newest Melvin Jones Fellow Lion Tom Spudic. Lion Tom was surrounded by his wife Lion Linda, his daughter, grand children and friends.
Lion Milt Brand was a 52 year Lion, a Life member, a Melvin Jones Fellow and Progressive Fellow – Diamond, a veteran of World War 2, and a Tail Twister for a number of years in our club. After moving to Roswell to be with his family he transferred from his Arizona Lions Club to the Roswell Lions Club.
As Tailtwister and Tailtwister”Emeritus” he started the tradition in our club of the Happy and Sad dollar. For a dollar you got to stand up and share something happy or sad in your life and family. He also took the time to recognize Lions for their service and their anniversary dates.
Always there to greet you, shake your hand with his huge smile – you always left his side feeling better about yourself. He made yo feel special.
We will certainly miss his warm greetings, positive outlook and cheerful demeanor!
Please keep the following Lion Ross Thomas in your thoughts and prayers.
By the Numbers:
- 461 pairs of eyeglasses collected since the May meeting.
- 6 vision assistance referrals since our May meeting through North Fulton Community Charities and Homestretch
- Every Thursday, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Bingo at Roswell Rehab and Nursing Home.
- Monday, July 23, 2018, 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., Volunteer in the Food Pantry, North Fulton Community Charities, Roswell, Georgia.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., National Night Out, Riverside Park (new venue), 575 Riverside Park, Roswell, Georgia.
- Sunday, August 26, 2018, 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., Annual Miss Mary’s Ice Cream Crankin’, Historic Roswell Square, Roswell, Georgia.
Dates to Remember:
- Next Board Meeting, Monday, July 9, 2018, 6:30 pm, Provinos – all members are welcome.
- Next Club Meeting, Monday, July 16, 2018, 7:00 pm – Adult Recreation Center, 830 Grimes Bridge Road – Our speaker – Peri Finch from the Georgia Lions Lighthouse will bring donated glasses and show us how to sort and clean them.
Be sure to check our calendar on our website at Calendar
You can also access the calendar directly at Google at Roswell Lions Calendar at Google
Our calendar in ICAL format
#WeServe #District18L #Roswelllions #Roswell #NorthFulton #Cobb